As I finish up the busy wedding season and sit down to look at my taxes, and other fun things, I have also reviewed my prices and collections and decided that it is necessary for me to have a price overview. My current prices and packages will be valid for any bookings made within the next 6 months. After that new bookings will be at the new pricing structure which I will release when I have updated my literature. Don’t worry it wont be a huge price increase but it has been many many years since I increased my prices and I was horrified when I worked out my hourly wage for the amount of time I spend processing photos. To clarify if you book within the next 6 months for a 2016 or 2017 wedding my current prices apply. please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or would like to make a booking.
Category Archives: My World
Day 100: Complete
A day late but we got there in the end. Looking forward to the weekends exhibition but still have no idea how I will exhibit my photographs. Feeling a little sad it’s over and looking forward to 100 Days Project 2015! I had to finish with these crazies.
ISO 800 f/5.0 1/50sec
Day 97: Growth
I seem to have a bit of an obsession about photographing trees. Maybe next year that might be my theme.
ISO 100 f/4 1/320
Day 96: Room for Mummy
How good does that bed look!
ISO 200 f/4.0 2.0 sec using a tripod.
Day 95: Majestic
ISO 800 f/11 1/640sec
Day 94: Melancholy
ISO 2000 f/11 1/640sec
We had a lovely weekend getaway and this photo summed it up for me.
ISO 100 f/8.0 1/100 sec
Day 91: West Coast
A gorgeous day at Muriwai exploring the gannet colony and the caves. This was my favourite shot of the day but it was hard as there were some good ones.
ISO 250 f/4.0 1/160
Day 90: Fresh Air
It was good to see the sun shining again. Fingers crossed it sticks around for the last of the holidays.
ISO 200 f/8 1/320
Emma from 100 Days Project has asked me to answer a few questions for my Artist Card for the exhibition. Here are the Q&A’s…
- Your name: Shannon Godfrey
- Project Title: ExtraOrdinary 2014
- Project Description: I am a photographer so it has to be all about the photos. My kids want to get involved my son loves Minecraft so he is thinking of ways to share his Minecraft creativeness and my daughter is very crafty. But my contribution will be photos of our days from the mundane to the beautiful. Basically a visual diary of my 100 Days. Every day x 100 with 3 kids this will be challenging!
- What is it about the project that appealed to you? Motivation to take more photos and take photos that I aren’t being paid to take. Creativity and being a part of a creative group of people sharing their creativity.
- What changes (if any) has the project helped bring about for you? I am taking my camera everywhere and I am actively searching out photo opportunities and I have even taught myself some new skills
- Best thing/s about 100 Days: Some of the gorgeous photos I have taken as a result of doing the 100 Days Project. Also the visual record of 100 Days in my life – for my family to look back on in years to come. Finally – getting out and doing some of the photo ideas I have had rattling around in my head but until 100 Days had lacked the motivation to organise and take.
- Worst thing/s about 100 Days: Sometimes life just gets in the way and I don’t get to take a photo or upload a photo and once there are a few to do it becomes a little less enjoyable. Photographers Block. Putting up some images that I am not so pleased with.
- Can you share a moment of insight (about the creative process, or something personal about your experience of the project)? Letting go of perfectionism and just doing it.
- What was a favourite day or moment? Day 1 – I love the photo and I was super excited to get going. I’m also looking forward to Day 100 (although I think it will be bitter sweet) and seeing the results of my 100 days completed. Also getting the chance to exhibit with other 100 Day-ers.
- How many times did you consider giving up? 0 times.
- If you could pass on one piece of advice to someone considering doing this project it would be: Don’t get caught up on being perfect just do it. I wondered if it would have been more cohesive if I had specified what I would photograph for 100 Days, however, it is a lovely record for me of 100 Days in my life.
- Days completed out of 100: 100 (so far 89)